Welcome to Amatix
Amatix will instantly transform your computer in a small PBX. You don't have to install any software, you don't even need a hard disk, just plug the Amatix CD in your CD drive and let the computer boot from it. In few minutes you will get a running Linux system with a configured Asterisk PBX.
Basic features (Amatix InstantPBX)
- Amatix will automatically detect your telephony hardware and will configure the Asterisk PBX accordingly. The default settings are reasonable for the most use cases, so you don't need to configure anything.
- You can use VoIP (SIP, IAX2), analog or ISDN trunks.
- There are 4 preconfigured VoIP extensions using SIP and 4 using IAX2.
- You can add ISDN extensions using the HFC-S based cards configured for the NT operation mode.
- Every extension has a voice mailbox.
- The mailbox can be accessed using the telephone or using a web browser.
- Message Waiting Indicator (MWI). The owner of the mailbox will be notified when a new message is stored in the mailbox (available only for the VoIP extensions).
- Email notification. The owner of the mailbox will be notified by email when a new message is stored in the mailbox.
- Conference room reachable from every extension.
- Common PBX functions like HOLD, TRANSFER, PARK etc.
- Direct Inward Dialing (DID). The extensions may be directly dialed appending the extension number to the base number (available for the P2P ISDN lines).
- Music On Hold. The calling party hears music when it is holded.
- Fax support (incoming and outgoing). The incoming faxes are stored in TIFF format. In the outgoing direction, you can send PDF or TIFF files. The faxes can be handled using a web based interface.
- Installed and preconfigured calling card software ( A2Billing ).
- Amatix is a LiveCD Debian-Linux distribution based on Morphix. It is running completely from CD and your disk will be not modified.
- Amatix is customisable. You can modify the default settings and store your changes on the USB stick or on the hard disk. The changes will be loaded on boot. See also the customisation support page.
Extented features (Amatix Office)
- If two or more network cards are detected, your computer will be configured as a router. The network routing is managed by the IPCop firewall which is running in an user-mode Linux environment (UML).
- Installed and preconfigured groupware software ( eGroupWare ).
- Complete email system (SMTP/IMAP) with virtual mailboxes using the eGroupWare accounts.
- If your PC have a sound card (ALSA compatible), you may use the installed SIP softphone, which is preconfigured for the extension 700. In this way, you can place and receive calls without any additional configuration or any additional hardware. The Asterisk PBX and the Linphone are running on the same computer.
- You can easily install the Amatix Office on your disk using the Morphix-Installer tool. More details can be found here.
- You can switch between the console and the graphical user interface.
This version of the Amatix InstantPBX will try to configure the following card types:
- X100P (using the zaptel driver and chan_zap)
- ISDN (BRI)
- AVM Fritz! PCI (using the AVM's CAPI4Linux driver and chan_capi)
- HFC-S (using the mISDN drivers and chan_misdn)
You are running the .
Here is a list of the most important installed software.